The client is a US bank provides commercial and consumer banking services, mortgage banking services, investment management, brokerage services, customized insurance service program, and other financial products.
The client was considering an alternative solution to existing internal communications program that would promote higher level of employee engagement and interaction, enable smoother and a more efficient flow of corporate information, recycle content and leverage the corporate technology investment.
A solution road-map was defined with the end goal being to build an intranet portal that would become the most preferred / go to destination for communications with employees while leveraging SharePoint 2010 features to the fullest.
- Information architecture and site architecture
- Metadata and taxonomy definition and management
- Simplification and standardization of content types
- Definition of the layouts and the master page requirements
- Content migration strategy
- Reusable content and media
- User search and organization charts
- Content publishing workflows and governance
- Logical architecture & sizing
- Leveraging proven methodology and facilitating sessions to elicit expectations from various stake holders
- Providing best practices to highlight additional capabilities & considerations
- Leading the client team through a structured process with clear deliverable
- Using a combination of business impact, technical complexity and organization readiness to prioritize action items
- More effectively managed and administered corporate communications and fostered better employee engagement
- Improved employee Intranet experience helping them to find content easily which enabled them to do their job better
- Improved user experience, user interface, organization and navigation
- Increased ease of information dissemination to new as well as legacy employees.